Saturday 28 December 2013

Sales shopping

So it's that wonderful yet extremely stressful time of the year where sales are crazy good, every shop is as crowded as a bunch of fatties trying to all squeeze into a tiny cupboard...not the greatest of similes but it made me smile so it's staying...and everyone seems to wear the exact same panic stricken face whenever they step into a destination with shops. My family decided to brace the slightly nauseating experience of post-Christmas sale shopping and headed to Cabot circus in Bristol. It's a great place to go to for the day but be warned, for some reason the bristolians enjoy the outside and so despite the fact that it's in England, the shopping mall is sort of half outside, half inside meaning that every time you step out of a store you feel as if you've stepped out into the cold again. Luckily for us there were copious amounts of people so it wasn't as cold as it has been on previous occasions. 

Now I'm part of a family of five pretty opinionated people so deciding what and where to eat is always a pretty stressful process. We walked past nandos, cafe rouge, yo sushi, sussing out every menu and scrutinising each one till we finally decided Frankie and Benny's was the best option. If you haven't been there, you should go. It's slightly pricey but think of it as a treat rather than a meal. The restaurant is a mix between TGI Fridays and an upmarket Italian so you can sort of imagine the style of food served and the layout of the restaurant already. I'm guessing you don't want to hear the entirety of my meal but I will say that I recommend either ordering a burger or the Cajun chicken pasta bake both are fabulous.

Moving on from lunch, next came the hard part...SHOPPING.

I usually love shopping but despise shopping for myself because I can never seem to find anything which looks even remotely flattering on me but can always find masses of options for other people. I went off with my sister Katie, a size 6 beauty so it's always a blast shopping with her as I feel like a whale in comparison with my size 12 curvaceous frame. Anyway as most shops had 50% off I was determined to find something...

NOTHING. 

I picked up a bunch of stuff but just ended up putting them back. I'm sure there are plenty of other people in my situation and it sucks. My sister doesn't get it but it's easy for her, she doesn't get self conscious looking at her reflection. I'm quite a confident person and dress well so I am only talking about seeing my bare reflection when I take off my clothes. I read in Cosmo once that in order to have great sex one must appreciate one's own body so should stand naked in front of the mirror at least once a day. No offence to Cosmo, I absolutely love reading your magazines but that's nuts and if it is the truth then I am officially terrible in bed. I am definitely straying from the point here, my point is that likes lot of other people, I find it hard to buy clothes for myself.

My mum knows this.

She is also an expert at the sales so when we all met up she handed me a bright pink House of Fraser bag with a blazer and formal dress in it, both were 70% off and both were beautiful and exactly like me. 

Here's me in the blazer, I tried to do a selfie where you could see most of the blazer but it didn't work so it just looks like a pouty selfie but oh well you're able to see the colour and tartan pattern from it. 

The dress is blue, floor length and has a small gold belt that holds me in at the waist. It went down from £200 to £40!! Like I said, my mum knows the sales. I'm gonna use it as my summer ball dress so when that fateful day comes in June you will all be able to see it and it's beauty.

Going to spend my evening tonight watching silver linings playbook with Jennifer Lawrence because I'm such a raving party girl haha and don't worry I'll make sure to let you know what I thought, but I have very hig expectations because I love Jennifer Lawrence, she and the movie won an oscar and it also has the hottie that is Bradley Cooper in it so here's hoping it doesn't let me down.

Stay safe,

Emma 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment