Tuesday 7 January 2014

Nearly back to university

The Christmas holidays are nearly done and that means work is due very very soon. Today was a day for referencing and editing all of my essays...definitely not much fun at all!

This was what I thought I looked like for most of the day:


This is what I actually looked like:


 But it has to be done and as I absolutely hate referencing, I thought I'd share with you some useful tips and websites that helped me out loads:

Useful Tips:

1. If you use a book, website or literally anything (that includes an image off google) make sure you note it down somewhere, this doesn't have to be the full editor, author but literally just scribble down a little memo to remind yourself that you used it to help you.

2. Don't panic! I do this all the time. I always leave referencing to the last minute and end up panicking when really I don't need to, it's just something that needs to get done and so there's not much use in worrying

3. Make sure you know exactly what referencing style your course needs (I use MLA but that might be different to a lot of you out there)

When you're ready to make your footnotes and bibliography here's an excellent site that my friend Emma Peagam shared with me:


It's amazing and you can easily choose what type of source it is (website, journal, book, video etc)and  what referencing style you want. I seriously recommend this! 

For those of you with no work load like those of us at university and school, you're very lucky! Well it's a very short one today because I got to get back to my bibliography...such fun!

Stay warm, it's starting to get colder
Emma
X

No comments:

Post a Comment